Dated: 2-JUNE-2013 (1st)
Ok! So this is sweet and funny!
“Hi, my friend. Your posts always make me feel like going for a degree in English Language,” said Michael, while sending this lovely gift on a hot afternoon. Well, I wish I was an English Major too! Alas, I’m not! 😀
So, meet Michael Monday. Educationist. Adviser. Business Management Specialist. Blogger. And above all, a Great Friend with a Pure Soul. It’s a privilege to be nominated by a person like him for such a Super Sweet Blog Award. Thanks Michael for honouring me with this sweet gesture. Let’s make this world… SWEET! 🙂 To read his inspirational articles, kindly visit here.
So, after some sunshine, it’s time to make this world a sweeter place to be… not just through words or promises, but by touching every soul. Sweetness defies gravity and even a heavy burden of life vanishes under its charm. And thus it has been during my journey though the ‘blogosphere’… meeting so many sweet people, having a great time talking to them, sharing glimpses of me with them, and learning so much. Thank you to all! I shall end with Andy Rooney’s quote: “Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.” 😛
Time for some formalities and hurling a few sweet-bombs into the friendly neighbourhood. (So much of *sweet-sweet* around!)
5 SWEET QUESTIONS:
(All nominees kindly answer the questions below)
1. Cookies or Cake? – CAKE. Cake is happiness! If you have a cake in front of you, you should not look any further for joy!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? – CHOCOLATE. The greatest tragedies were written by the ancient Greeks and Shakespeare… neither knew chocolate!
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? – Mom-made KHEER or PAYESH, transports me to those happy alleys of childhood where there was nothing to fear, yet a thrill for the future waiting patiently. (Kheer or Payesh is a rice pudding, which is a traditional Indian sweet dish. It is made by boiling rice or broken wheat with milk and sugar, and flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts, pistachios or almonds. View image here.)
4. When do you crave sweet things most? – I think I have a sweet tooth. (Still thinking!) Umm, so ANYTIME and ALWAYS.
5. Sweet Nickname – BABUN. (My grandma used to call me by that name. Probably she procreated it from the Indian origin word ‘babu’, meaning ‘dearest’ sometimes). I loved it more than any other name I ever had. She left the earthly bounds two years ago, and I have no one to call me by that name anymore. Sweet memories, surely.)
1. Shift… because the only thing constant is change
2. Maryam Chahine
4. Everything Aussie
5. Every Day Another Story: Collective Wit of S. Baum, a nano-blog
6. Calligraphy Festival
7. The Accidental Cootchie Mama
8. Green Wake
9. Renxkyoko’s Space
10. A Little Bit of Everything… A Pool of Thoughts
There were more names, but the rules allow me to choose only ten and some of my friends already have it gifted to them. So, congratulations to all of you and keep spreading more sweetness around with your soul! Cheers!
~ xxx ~
Dated: 10-JUNE-2013 (2nd)
It feels great to get a blog award as a gift, but it feels heavenly to get the same award more than once! Wow! Thank you Tazein Mirza Saad, for the wonderful honour! Tazein loves sharing anecdotes of her life with people, reaching out to them, helping them realize their hidden strengths, and providing them with hope in their darkest hours. To get nominated for a Super Sweet award from such a sweet person is a treat indeed! To know more of Tazein’s world, visit her blog here.
(All nominees kindly answer the questions mentioned above)
1. Juned11blog – Restless Heart Syndrome
2. Shivani Panchmatia’s Blog – A world of thoughts and passions
3. Terry1954 – Inspirational stories that touch your heart and soul
4. Journey Called Life
5. God Is I Am – Life with Spirit
6. The One Thing I Know For Sure
8. Tornadoday – Might I be found in words I leave behind
9. Deb Adams
10. A Telescope – Seeing Ahead To The Beautiful Things
Congratulations to all of you! 🙂